Wednesday, September 03, 2008

United Airlines Rocks: It Always Pays To Be Nice


The burden of having to get up at 3:30am to catch my flight was ameliorated by an unexpected improvement in my travel arrangements.

Originally, I was scheduled to fly from Edmonton to San Francisco, with a two-hour layover before flying on to Denver. Ironically, the last time I flew to San Francisco I had to transfer in Denver.

Checking in at 4:41am with United, I jokingly mentioned this to the check-in attendant who helpfully replied “Well, let me see if there’s room for you on this morning’s direct flight!”

So at no charge I got moved to a direct flight, cutting four hours off of my travel time today. Score one for me!

Big props to United for exceeding my expectations, and making my day a whole lot better.

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It never hurts to ask.