Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Speakercraft And iPhone, Together Again


I'm no Apple fanboy, but I am a huge Speakercraft lover, and have designed, sold, installed and programmed my share of their outstanding MODE music distribution system. This announcement, of a MODE control application for the iPhone is simply the cat's pyjamas.

CE Pro: SpeakerCraft Launches iPhone Interface for MODE Multiroom A/V


Now the company is taking its ties to Apple one step further with an iPhone interface for the MODE distributed-audio system. The interface is generated through an embedded Web server residing inside SpeakerCraft’s ERS 1.0 Ethernet-to-serial adapter. Since the interface is accessed through the iPhone’s Safari browser, there’s no software to install on the phone (or iTouch).
The ERS also dishes up an interface for standard PC/Mac Web browsers, allowing users to control the system from any iPhone/iTouch on the network.
Multiple interface devices can be used simultaneously to control different zones of the house.



I can't even begin to tell you how cool I think that is. Seriously. I'm aflutter.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: