Tuesday, September 18, 2007

At the heart of the Mortgage Crisis


Below is a dialogue that I had earlier with a friend. We had been discussing television, specifically late night infomercials, when the subject turned:


DH: What I find interesting are commercials for refinancing your house through Countrywide followed by commercials for credit counseling and debt management on the Cartoon Network in the middle of the day.


Me: Yeah, synergistic advertising. It half makes you believe in conspiracies, doesn't it?


DH: It has a certain logic to it, I suppose, and my four year old has a very good idea of how a mortgage works now. The other day she wanted to refinance the house so we could get cash to buy her toys.


Me: What's gotten so many people into the pickle that they're in is that they had the same outlook as your four year old.


DH: No doubt.

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"I want it all now!" - Fee Waybill & The Tubes from their Album "Remote Control"- an homage to/diatribe about television - 1979.

"I'm the slime oozin' out from your TV set." - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention from their Album "Just Another Band From L.A." - 1972.

The "Great Philosophers" agree with you my brothers.

Shalom