Friday, April 06, 2007

And the Award for Best Visual Aid Ever Goes To...

Remember yesterday when I said I was bored with the housing bubble this week?

I guess that I spoke too soon.

This is smeared all over the internet now, but I got it from Paul Kedrosky's Infectious Greed.

US home prices since 1890 plotted as a roller coaster:




As a mental exercise, I watched it twice. Once I visualized that I was on a real rollercoaster, feeling physical forces at work. The other time I visualized that it was my money rising and plunging like that. I can't decide which one made my stomach churn more.

One of Paul Kedrosky's commenters made a great point, that doesn't diminish how entertaining this video was:

">
3. Comment by Andi -- April 5, 2007 @ 10:33 PM
It is the upward climb in prices that is exhilarating if you're a home owner and the downward plunge that is slow, tedious and painful (more so if you're a buyer seeking bottom).
Even so, it's a great visual analogy...


Fun!

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: