Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I totally dropped the ball with the self-promotion thing!

This week's article on CE Pro went up last Sunday, and I still had not linked to it!

In a strange twist of fate, I learned on Monday that my "inside source" at A&B Sound has given his notice, and is going to go to work for a larger, more successful company where, no doubt, he will be a Vice President, or Category Buyer, at the very least, within three years.

At the rate at which A&B is hemmoraging talented personnel I am going to run out of inside sources there. Although, if this keeps up much longer, I guess I won't need any. *cough*

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good article Lee. Promises are not enough. Manufacturers of hard- and software need to commit and deliver before the smart consumer will also. I believe this is going to be the way of the future as we now enjoy some pretty great performance with existing systems. This decreases the incentive to upgrade early. The picture from my progressive scan DVD connected by quality cabling to my 1080i capable big screen looks great to me now! And I can watch whatever I want, even the old Bob Hoskins movie "The Long Good Friday" (1979). I don't think HD DVD or Blu-ray are going to release that title anytime soon. Have them give me a ring when I (the above average consumer) become important to them. Till then, I've got better things to spend money on.

"Memo To: The Insider's Dept."
Psssst...have you been talking to Lee D a lot lately? Maybe you're too good for your company. Any headhunters out there? Ask Lee D. He knows who's got the goods.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?!?

:)