Thursday, October 12, 2006

More People Choosing Cell Phones over Land Lines

TWICE

According to Harris, about 13 percent of U.S. adults use a
cell phone exclusively or plan to do so within the next six months. That’s up
from 9 percent of landline-free adults when the survey was conducted in April
2005. That year, five percent of respondents also said that they were seriously
considering losing the landline and would switch within a year, and 47 percent
said that they were “somewhat considering it.”


One interesting unintended consequence of this is that it plays merry hell with doorbell entry systems in apartment buildings that work through the phone system. If any of you smart cookies out there are working on a solution for dealing with that, I would be very interested in reviewing your input on the subject.

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Porta's Cat said...

I have not had a "land line" for the house in well over 3 years. My cell phone is my "home number" now. I do not have internet access at home, mostly so I won't sit in front of the PC all weekend, but should I want/need net access at the house, it would likley come via my cable TV provider.

It only makes sesne for me, the cell phone, as I am at work or out far more than sitting at home. I can screen calls just as well via cell as land line, and pick up call I want anywhere I am at, long distance is free, and I am not paying for a line that sits unused 95% of the time.